Friday, March 20, 2009

Invertising.

This is what I posted as a comment on Rajesh Jain's emergic blog.

----------------------------------------------------
Rajesh - I keep thinking of invertising and how it will affect our day to day life in coming days.
I wonder why it does not pick up. All my household items come from brands be it my electronic goods to tooth paste. A simple bar code or unique number on these items and a SMS should be able to kick of the conversation and the conversation can be mutually beneficial to me and the brand.For e.g. If I have bought a new music system from Bose then Bose can be interested in how my experience is with the music system. Here I think the conversation with the brand will be short if the brand does not have any add on to offer.Contrast this with a new cream or scent then the conversation can go for long. If I like the new cream , may be I will like some think else.
If I bought the cream some x days back then the brand can predict when I want it replenished. The nature of conversation will vary from each brand but it it will be beneficial to both brand and the customer. Is the idea picking up because personally I have not see any brands to do it. If they do it conversations are very short. I am in vacation so I have good time to think about these ideas which are of course not original and hashed from your ideas and the internet.

Vishal

No comments:

Post a Comment